The mission of the Great Hollow Library Media Center is to assist students in becoming efficient, lifelong seekers and users of information and ideas. To accomplish this, the library media specialist will partner with administrators, teachers, parents and community members to help students
- identify information gaps
- work independently and collaboratively to seek information from a variety of sources
- evaluate information sources for accuracy, authority, currency, and bias
- construct meaning from a synthesis of existing schemata and newfound information
- determine appropriate methods of sharing information
- develop an appreciation of literature and a lifelong love of reading.
In addition, the library media specialist will collaborate with teachers to support them in reaching professional development and curricular goals.