Great Hollow Middle School now has a cart of 30 iPads, which is housed in the library. Sign up is available through Room Requester.
Some tips when using the carts:
- When requesting the cart, please remember that you will need to allow time to pick up and return the cart. You may need to sign them out for a block of time including a period before and after the times you will need them. For example, if you need the cart periods 5 and 6, you may want to request the cart for periods 4 through 7. This will allow time for you to pick up and return the cart.
- Please assign students to individual iPads using your class list. Students are expected to use the iPads as directed by the teacher, and not go into settings to make any changes. Knowing which student had each iPad will increase accountability.
- Please be sure to keep the cart locked when iPads are not in use.
- Only free apps may be downloaded to the iPads at this time.
- If you plan ahead, we will try to have student aides download required apps ahead of time so that they will be available for your use. For suggestions for free apps, go to http://smithtownipad.weebly.com/